MARIUS-CRISTIAN FRUNZA - Managing Partner, Schwarzthal Kapital
OLIVIER TOUTAIN - Executive Director, Scope Ratings, Adjunct Professor, Université Paris - Dauphine
The aim of this course is to propose an out-of the box perspective upon the financial markets and to explore the financial universe beyond the traditional investments like equity, bonds, currency… . We will focus the course on the products and technics used at the fringe of finance including crowfunding, peer-2-peer finance, shadow banking, Bitcoin, social and environmental impact products….
Throughout this course students will learn about alternative investment supports and alternative financing solutions. The objectives of this lecture are:
1.Alternative finance 101
Two faces of the same coin: as investors or as issuers.
2. Modelling methods for alternative finance
3. Crypto-currencies: an alternative financial universe
4. Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Investment
5. Alternative capital markets and Fintechs; Focus on Crowdfunding and P2P Finance
6. Alternative Risk Transfer
7. Fintech workshop (industry view)
Alexandridis, A. K. and A. D. Zapranis, 2013: Weather Derivatives, Springer, 300 pages.
Barrieu P., and L. Albertini, 2009: The Handbook of Insurance-Linked Securities, Wiley, 398 pages.
Frunza, M., 2010: Carbon allowances: A new financial asset, Editions universitaires europeennes, 164 pages.
Guthrie G., Real Options in Theory and Practice, 2009, OUP, 432 pages.